Should you require an independent evaluation of investment property, we offer a realistic pro forma financial evaluation as well as an objective opinion regarding the short and long term viability of an asset.
We update units immediately when their status changes. You may securely submit an application online 24 hours a day.
194 Front Street Belleville, Ontario K8N 2Y7
Weekdays 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Fill out the form below to send us a message.
How we are responding to COVID-19
To safeguard the health and safety of everyone, we will be implementing several temporary policies.
We are no longer be accepting unscheduled visits to our office.
Non essential maintenance will be rescheduled to a later date.
We encourage electronic communication, and transaction processing.
Any interactions that must be conducted in person, will be conducted in accordance with current directions of Health Canada.
Should you require an appointment, please contact us by phone or by using our contact form at the bottom of our web site.
Other than our office only being available by appointment, we are still conducting our day to day operations as usual. You will continue to be able to contact us by phone as usual. You may also send us a message or maintenance request using our contact form.
Zentrum Management protects your personal information and honours and respects your privacy.
To meet your needs and serve you well, Zentrum Management may collect, use and disclose your personal information, the details of which can differ depending on the type of services you require.
Canadian privacy laws define "personal information" broadly as information about an identifiable individual or information that allows an individual to be identified, including a person's name, address, telephone number, birth date, income, licence plate number and credit history among others. In general, "personal information" does not include business contact information: your title or business address, telephone or facsimile number or e-mail address.
Zentrum Management is responsible for protecting your personal information in our possession or custody, including personal information that has been transferred to, or received from, a third party in the course of commercial activities for processing, or to fulfill any of the other purposes identified in this Policy.
In general, we collect, use and disclose your personal information for one reason: to serve you better. Knowing you better helps us understand your needs, communicate effectively with you, and provide you with the services you want. More specifically, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to fulfill the following purposes:
(the "Identified Purposes")
Facilitating your tenancy, or prospective tenancy
Acting as an agent on behalf of the owner of rental property
As agent, resolving issues that may arise with individual parties, of property we represent.
In general, the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information depends on how you do business with us. More specifically, we may collect personal information about you from the following sources:
From you, over the phone, or in person.
With your consent, from reporting agencies.
Electronically, provided by you on any of our web properties.
By disclosing personal information to Zentrum Management or our service providers and agents, you are consenting to us collecting, using or disclosing your personal information in order to fulfill the Identified Purposes. We may verify your personal information, or obtain additional personal information about you by checking with credit bureaus and other fact collecting and verifying entities to assist us in fulfilling the Identified Purposes.
Your knowledge and consent are required before we may collect, use or disclose your personal information, except in special circumstances.
You may provide consent to us to use personal information in different ways (e.g., through brokers). Depending on the type of personal information collected from you, and the purpose for which the information is collected, your consent may be express or implied, and may be given orally or in writing.
We accept any of the following as your consent for Zentrum Managements' existing use and future collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to fulfill the Identified Purposes:
Submitting your information to us by fax, electronically or verbally in person or over the phone.
As assigned to us as agent, by the owner of an entity you are engaged in a contract with.
You may refuse or withdraw your consent at any time subject to legal or contractual restrictions. Please note, however, that refusing or withdrawing your consent may affect our ability to provide you with the services that you receive or would like to receive. To refuse or withdraw your consent, you should contact our Privacy Officer at the address or telephone number listed.
Your personal information is retained only as long as is necessary to fulfill the Identified Purposes or as may be required to comply with applicable laws. Zentrum Management shall use care when storing or destroying your personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access.
We try to ensure that the personal information we collect about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, it is up to you to inform the Zentrum Management representative with whom you are dealing, promptly, of a change of name, address, bank account number or other relevant personal information. If you believe that the personal information in our records may be inaccurate, let us know and we will correct it. If your personal information has been disclosed to third parties, we will convey the corrected information to them, if necessary.
Whether in electronic or paper-based format, Zentrum Management has controls to maintain the security of operations and information systems. Physical access to those areas where information is gathered, processed or stored is restricted to authorized employees. Appropriate controls are in place over computer systems and data processing procedures and these controls are reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with our security and privacy policies. When we no longer need your personal information, we destroy or erase it.
We require third parties who receive your personal information from us to have policies that meet our standards.
You have a right, subject to certain exceptions, to access your personal information in our possession or control. You also have a right to know which third parties have received your information from Zentrum Management.
Please make your request in writing to Zentrum Management's Privacy Officer, stating as specifically as possible which personal information you are requesting.
We will try to respond to such requests as soon as possible, and will advise you if for some reason we cannot respond right away. There may be a charge for retrieving this information, in which case you will be notified in advance, and may, if you like, withdraw your request. You may also challenge the reasonableness of the charge.
For more information, to file a complaint, to make enquiries, or to opt out of all or parts of this Policy, please contact Zentrum Management's Privacy Officer:
194 Front Street
Last updated: June 22, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are you located? What are your office hours?
- 194 Front St, Belleville ON K8N 2Y7 — We are open Weekdays 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- How may I view an apartment?
- We ask that you submit an application prior to viewing a unit. You may fill out a paper application at our office, or complete one securely online by clicking here.
- What is required for a Last Month Rent deposit?
- An amount equal to one months rent is required before we can give you the keys to your unit. This deposit is held until the end of your tenancy. Interest is paid on the deposit held annually. The interest is paid to your rental account and may offset any deposit top ups required. On the last month of your tenancy the deposit is applied against rent due.
- How may I pay my deposit?
- You may pay in cash, guaranteed funds (certified cheque) or by Interac funds transfer. We are unable to accept credit cards.
- Do you require a Lease?
- All of the units we rent require a tenancy agreement with an initial term of one year. After the first year, your tenancy will convert to a month to month agreement. This means at any time from the first day of the tenth month of your tenancy you may give us sixty days notice to terminate your tenancy. Termination dates may only be the last day of the month.
- Do you rent out furnished apartments?
- No, we do not have any furnished units.
- What happens once I apply?
- We work as quickly as we can to process your application, this may include checking your credit, verifying income, or requesting and waiting to receive references. Once your application has been successfully processed, we will call to arrange showings.
- When is rent due?
- Payment or rent is required on or before the first day of each month.
- What options are available to pay my rent?
- We recommend setting up direct debit, payments are automatically withdrawn from your account on the first banking day of the month. This is the most convenient option, you never miss a payment. We accept Interac funds transfer, please contact us for instructions. You may also pay in person at our office. Interac, cash or or cheque. We do not accept credit cards, or Bitcoin.
- Who do I contact after hours?
- Our main number (613) 771-3201 is answered 24 hours a day. We are available after hours to deal with tenant emergencies such as leaks or malfunctioning heating equipment. For life threatening emergencies, please call 911.
- How do I get something repaired in my unit?
- Fill out a maintenance request.
- What am I responsible to maintain in my unit?
- General maintenance, your unit must be kept reasonably clean, you are responsible to replace items such as fuses and lightbulbs should they burn out.
- What can I do if I have issues with my neighbours?
- Unfortunately you can not choose your neighbours, and we cannot make people change. We will try our best to help you resolve issues. You need to provide us with the date, the time, and a description of the issue. In order for us to take any action, this needs to be in writing, you may submit this information on paper at our office, or use the contact form of this web site or send us an email. Should there be domestic issues, or criminal activity, please call the police as they have the authority to deal with situations immediately, we do not.
- What happens if I damage my unit?
- Any damages to the rental property done by you or your guests are your responsibility to remedy. It does not matter if it was an accident, the only damage that is acceptable is normal wear and tear.
- Can I paint or otherwise renovate my unit?
- Not without prior approval from the Rental Manager. Please contact us so that we can discuss.
- How many days notice is required to end my tenancy?
- You are required to provide 60 days notice, where your termination date is the end of a month. Some people are confused by the term 'month-to-month' agreement, we assure you, sixty days notice is required.
- How do I give notice if I wish to end my tenancy?
- You must give notice in writing. The best way to do this is provide us with a Form N9, fill out all the information, keep in mind that the termination date is the last day of tenancy. We can provide to you with an N9 pre-filled with your information.
- What if I live with other people and I want to move out?
- The person remaining in unit must agree to assume full responsibility by amending the tenancy agreement with their name only. Then you complete a Form N9 as described above.
- Do I have to sign a new tenancy agreement after 1 year?
- Your agreement automatically converts to a month to month agreement if you have not given notice prior to end your tenancy. A new agreement is not necessary, your tenancy continues on the terms of your original agreement, your rent may be increased annually. Some people feel this isn't fair, generally life is not fair, please keep in mind that property taxes, insurance, maintenance rates, utilities and general labor rates increase every year. The rent increase allowed by the government does not generally cover all of these increases, so if you want to stick it to the man, don't move.
Ensure you provide us with your contact information and a description of the issue you are having. We will respond during regular business hours.
If this is an emergency, for example an electrical issue that may put your safety in jeopardy, or a water issue that may damage the property, please call us 24 hours a day at (613) 771-3201 and press 5 and you will be connected with someone who will be able to help you.